September – November
Participants per school
Open to all
We want ISP students, both native and non-native speakers, to experience the joys of reading, develop their English language skills whilst connecting with each other and learning about different cultures.
The ISP Big Read is a unique and exciting month-long English reading and literacy programme for ISP students aged 5 – 11 years old.
ISP students will accelerate their reading skills on the award-winning platform Reading Eggs, write stories with the inspiration and guided support of the Story Factory, as well as participate in a variety of narrative-based activities in the classroom and beyond, online with other ISP Schools around the globe.
The programme promotes the joy of reading and helps develop students’ reading sub-skills whilst also improving their writing abilities over the month-long initiative.
- ISP Library: Students have access to the Reading Eggs library, where each week there is a different theme with a list of suggested books for different age groups. Books are complemented with activities on the platform to support comprehension.
- Story Factory: Students are invited to write and publish their own stories. The winning stories will be compiled into the ISP Big Read Anthology!
- Guest Speaker Sessions: ISP students exclusively join ‘Meet the Author’ webinars to get an insight into the mind of well-known children’s writers.
The programme is hosted on Reading Eggs platform engaging students in reading comprehension and literacy challenges to get the most out of reading and improve their level in a short space of time.
LEARNING GOALS & OUTCOMES
- Engage students in a literacy with reading and comprehension challenges.
- Develop students reading and writing ability with a month-long literacy accelerator.
- Provide expert advice on writing approaches and engage with authors.
- Create a sense of community and belonging across ISP schools.
would you like to know more?