Alexandria International School
Alexandria International School has been listening and responding to the needs of families throughout the province of Alessandria, Italy since 1993.
Alexandria International School has been listening and responding to the needs of families throughout the province of Alessandria, Italy since 1993. It is the only international school in Alessandria providing care and education for children aged 6 months to 19 years, with over 20 nationalities represented in the student body.
The school is a private “scuola partitaria”, meaning it is recognised as meeting the standards of the Italian national curriculum with the freedom to enrich the educational programme according to the mission and vision of the school. The school is renowned for the quality of its teaching, family atmosphere and its English language programme, which prepares students to take British Institutes Junior Academy exams in the primary school and Cambridge IGCSE’s in the high school.
Alexandria International School aims to develop independent, internationally minded students who, through the acquisition of skills and knowledge, come to understand the world and their place within it. Students learn to appreciate and celebrate individual and cultural diversity through the exploration of their own unique identity and culture.
Head of School: Philip O’Gara
Ages Taught: 6 months -19 years
Curriculum: Italian National Curriculum (IGCSE)
- Award winning internal kitchen – locally sourced, 100% biologically certified food
- Internal Music School offering instrumental and group lessons
- Extensive, secure grounds with indoor gym and outdoor multisport/basketball court, and football pitch
- Small class sizes
- Bilingual English language provision in the Early Years and Primary School
- Digital devices provided for students in the secondary school
- Italian national curriculum enriched by the Cambridge IGCSE
- School bus services providing transport for students from a wide catchment area
- Excellent reputation, genuine family feeling
- School setting – historical building, with loggia and gardens
Here are some overview statistics about Alexandria International School.