British School of Geneva
The British School of Geneva (BSG) offers the cohesive English National Curriculum from Reception through to A-Levels.
The British School of Geneva (BSG) offers the cohesive English National Curriculum from Reception through to A-Levels. Open to students of all origins and educational backgrounds, there are currently over 70 nationalities represented, and this extraordinary diversity enriches lessons, perspectives and friendships.
Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 18 students (maximum 14 in A-Level classes) so that teachers can tailor lessons to suit individual learning needs. The school’s size also allows teachers and administrators to know each student, recognise their strengths and differences, and encourage them to develop their skills and abilities as:
- Successful Learners… who enjoy and understand their own learning and who know what they need to do to make progress and fulfil their potential,
- Confident Individuals… who are equipped with the skills to adapt to and cope with an ever-changing global society, and
- Responsible Citizens… who demonstrate a commitment to themselves, friends, family, their local community and the wider world.
Its recently launched programme, The Ark, is unique in Geneva: an English-language centre for autistic teens, part of a mainstream school allowing opportunities for true inclusivity. In addition to elements of the English National Curriculum, students in The Ark learn life skills they will need in further education or when they seek employment.
Learning is not confined to the classroom. Students participate in a broad range of cultural and extra-curricular activities that complement their course work.
At BSG, the student-parent-school partnership is paramount and enables children to not only attain their full potential, but to enjoy school as happy and aware young people.
Head of School: Mark McCullough
Ages Taught: 4-19 years
Curriculum: English National Curriculum
- Excellent academic results across key stages
- Embedded pastoral care programme
- Learning support for students with mild to moderate special educational needs
- Excellent Student-Parent-School communication
- 10 minutes from the International Quarter and central Geneva
- 97% of parents are satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of learning
- Member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS)
Here are some overview statistics about British School of Geneva.