Colegio La Colina
Colegio La Colina is recognised as one of the leading schools in Colombia providing a high quality, learning-focused education.
Colegio La Colina was found in June 1996 and now educates approximately 780 children and students from 4 – 18 years of age. It is recognised as one of the leading schools in Colombia providing a high quality, learning focused education. This independent school develops happy, well rounded and confident individuals though the growth of their personal, social and cognitive skills. They run the national curriculum for predominantly local families and offer a Spanish-English bilingual programme (Cambridge Certification) where students develop their second language skills from Preschool (K4) until High School (11th Grade).
The educational environment at Colegio La Colina is one where students are guided and inspired by teachers. They are actively encouraged to independently gather knowledge and learn in a simple, enjoyable and dynamic way. School lessons are always linked to the students learning experiences, encouraging the development of their own independent ideas and skills. Students are immersed in a stimulating environment which allows simple, effective learning, preparing them for success in their personal and academic careers.
Colegio La Colina’s aim is to contribute to the life satisfaction of each of its students by enriching individuals in physical and emotional security, affectivity, responsibility and efficiency. Students will learn to build, understand and creatively apply their knowledge, as well as be critical, reflective and analytical in their thought. They are encouraged to be investigative; questioning themselves and seeking solutions, and they are finally taught to communicate effectively using English as a second language.
Head of School: Juanita Arias
Ages Taught: 4 – 18 years
- Model United Nations
- Alliances and scholarships with different universities
- Spanish-English bilingual programme (Cambridge Certification)
- English language teaching environment-reaching the competences required by the different international exams: Starter, Movers, KET, PET and IELTS.
- French is taught from 2nd grade with the option to continue from 6th -11th grade.
- Exchange Programme
- Member of the International School Association (ISA) and of the Association of Bilingual Schools (ACB)
- Quality certification issued by ICONTEC ISO – 9001 (SC-CER579168).
Here are some overview statistics about
Colegio La Colina.