In 1950, Riviera Day School was founded at its current location as a co-educational, independent day school with the highest educational ideals. In the early years, Riviera Day School grew to provide a safe, nurturing, and challenging environment for children from three years old through middle school. In 1996, Riviera’s middle school (grades 6, 7, and 8) was given its own dedicated building, and the middle school was renamed Riviera Preparatory School.
In 2011, Riviera Preparatory School moved to a new, state-of-the-art facility on almost 14 acres located just minutes away from the original campus, which now serves preschool through fifth grade. The Prep School campus serves high school and middle school students (grades 6 through 12).
Both campuses work together to continue providing the best educational experience possible and upholding the ideals upon which the school was originally founded.
Riviera is known throughout the community for its long tradition of educational excellence and its efforts to guide each child to reach his or her full potential. While Riviera has established a reputation for excellence in academia and serves as a leader in education and in the community, Riviera may be even more well known for the learning environment it creates for the students.
Riviera serves as an example of what education should be. It is about the people. It is about relationships. It is about making sure each student can feel and does feel special. Riviera provides an intimate and comfortable setting in which the students are both challenged and supported.
Head: Peter E. Cohen, Director
Ages taught: 3 – 18 years
Curriculum: Independent Extended American curriculum
- Academic Honors Program for grades 1-5
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes for college-level curricula and course credits available to high school students
- “High School of Business” program with course in Economics, Marketing, Management, and Finance
- Robust arts program featuring courses in Dance, Music, Drama, Apparel Design, Theater Design and Production, Architecture, Graphic Design and Cartoon Animation
- Day School Learning Center for one-on-one support from faculty
- Rigorous and innovative STEM curriculum in partnership with Project Lead the Way
- High school STEM courses including Biomedical Science, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 45 athletic teams
Riviera Day School
6800 Nervia St.
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Riviera Preparatory School
9775 SW 87th Ave.
Miami, FL 33176
Here are some overview statistics about