The Aquila School
The Aquila School opened in September 2018 and brings a progressive learning style to Dubai, focused on intellectual challenge and enquiry – based learning.
The Aquila School opened in September 2018 and brings a progressive learning style to Dubai, focused on intellectual challenge and enquiry – based learning. The Aquila School believe in offering its students Real Learning for a Real Future, and the school has already been noticed for its broad curriculum choice through its offer of IB and BTEC vocational courses alongside the National Curriculum for England. The curriculum combines the best of STEM learning with the best of the Arts and Humanities. Principal Wayne Howsen joins having led his last school to be the first Outstanding school in Abu Dhabi.
Head: Wayne Howsen
Ages Taught: 3-14 years
Curricula: British & International
- Emphasises the ARTS in STEAM to re-invigorate self-expression, personal connection, and literacy development.
- Learning at Aquila promotes innovation and creativity as a central theme
- A broad curriculum which includes music, design and Spanish from a young age
- Fully inclusive, ensuring each student makes as much progress as possible, learning to levels that amaze them
- Aquila will be the heart of the community – engaging parents in all areas of learning.
- Outstanding leaders in the Principal and Head of Primary, with years of experience in the region
Here are some overview statistics about The Aquila School.